Sunday, July 29, 2012

Week 3

Good grief...didn't I just finish week 2? Is it just me or are these weeks flying by? Wow.

16.5 miles total this week. Before I left for my run on Wednesday, Ray asked how far I was going. I told him 4 miles. He looked at me and asked, "And you're training for a marathon?" I know...just doesn't seem like I've accomplished much at this point, but I know it's a gradual build-up. Next week, the weekly mileage total jumps to 19, then 21 and on from there. My long run this week was supposed to be 5, but I ran with the running group and did 6.5.

I ran with my neighbor Jeff - great guy to run with - and he told me I would need to go ahead and buy another pair of shoes. My new ones wouldn't take me through the marathon. He said I would put over 400 miles on them during training. I didn't believe him. But it's true - from beginning to end (through the race), the total is 462.8 miles. Gasp. I hope someone puts my shoes on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment