Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cake Reward

So, I saw this cake in my current issue of Southern Living and time stopped still.


photo courtesy of Southern Living
Lemon-Orange Chiffon cake with Lemon-Orange Buttercream. {drool} When I saw it, I immediately knew what I would make it for...as a reward for completing my next half marathon. Should I reward myself with something so decadent and sweet? Is that a healthy idea? Probably not. No...no, for sure it's not. But it's what I'm going to do! It's not like I make desserts like this every night (although I do eat desserts every night...small desserts. Like a teacup of ice cream.). This is a special dessert. Something I will only make for special occasions - like family visiting, or finishing a race. I will dream of this cake for another 8 weeks. Omg...only 8 weeks left! I'm coming for you cake!!

1 comment: