Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wow!

I just ran my fastest 7 miles ever: 1:02:29! I'm on such a high!! I LOVE running in the cold...felt so great. I was in such a groove, my breathing was so relaxed, legs felt great. I kept thinking about the Olympic Marathon Trials I watched yesterday and how those women put everything out there for 26.2 miles. I started thinking about how I am so comfortable at my 9:23ish pace and never really vary from it. So I  envisioned myself opening up just a little and pushing it just a tiny bit, and all of the sudden my pace was 8:54. Wow. Don't expect that to mean a hill of beans to anyone else, but to me, I just can't believe it! My dream of finishing a half in 2 hours could very well happen. I'm going to keep working the hills, and doing the speed work my friend suggested. I'm very encouraged!!

No comments:

Post a Comment